In just two days you will visit the most important attractions of the exotic south of Tunisia. You will touch the desert sand, see dunes, ride a camel and drink palm tree juice. You will see the iconic decorations of “Star Wars” and enter underground houses. You will cross the largest Salt lake in north Africa and go by 4×4 by a part of Paris dakar rally. We guarantee you that this part of tour will raise your adrenaline to a level you have never experienced before. Besides natural wonders you will visit the largest amphitheater in Africa and see a UNESCO-listed Kairouan mosque. You will spend the night in a hotel on the edge of the Sahara where you can admire the starry Saharan sky while bathing in the pool.
Sahara Explorer is a combination of comfort and convenience (on asphalt roads we move by air-conditioned bus) and adventure (in the Sahara off- road we go by 4×4 vehicles). This tour is recommended to all who want to visit the south of Tunisia at an affordable price and quite comfortably.
Note that from the first of November till the first of March, the Sahara Explorer tour is organised in most cases entirely by 4x4 vehicles.
- Chebika – a mountain oasis considered the most beautiful in Tunisia
- Camel mountain – a mountain resembling a sitting camel known from the movie “The English Patient”
- A desert oasis ride in horse-drawn carriages and a walk in an oasis
- Shot el Jerid – the largest salt lake in North Africa
Fun and culture
- Dune riding – life experience on the desert
- Paris Dakar Rally – by 4×4 vehicles crossin a few exciting kilometres of the famous rally route.
- Camel riding – in the Sahara desert near Douz
- Cave houses entirely underground houses
- The great mosque in Kairuan – the oldest and most important mosque in Tunisia
- Mos Eisley – entire town built on the desert used in “Star Wars” saga
- El jem Amphitheatre largest and best preserved amphiteatre in Africa
Included in price
- English speaking guide
- 4×4 off road
- Pick up and drop off from hotel.
Not included in price
- Camel riding
- Visiting oasis by carriage
- Drinks at lunch and dinner
- El jem amphitheatre entrance fee & photo permission
- Single supplement
- More details about extra charge in detailed itinerary below