In just two days you will visit the most important attractions of the exotic south of Tunisia. You will touch the desert sand, see dunes, ride a camel and drink palm tree juice. You will see the iconic decorations of “Star Wars” and enter underground houses. You will cross the largest Salt lake in north Africa and go by 4×4 by a part of Paris dakar rally. We guarantee you that this part of tour will raise your adrenaline to a level you have never experienced before. Besides natural wonders you will visit the largest amphitheater in Africa and see a UNESCO-listed Kairouan mosque. You will spend the night in a hotel on the edge of the Sahara where you can admire the starry Saharan sky while bathing in the pool.
Sahara Explorer is a combination of comfort and convenience (on asphalt roads we move by air-conditioned bus) and adventure (in the Sahara off- road we go by 4×4 vehicles). This tour is recommended to all who want to visit the south of Tunisia at an affordable price and quite comfortably.
Note in the low season period from the first of November till the first of March, the Sahara Explorer tour is organized in most cases entirely by off-road vehicles
- Chebika – a mountain oasis considered the most beautiful in Tunisia
- Tamerza – a mountain oasis with a waterfall in a desert
- Camel mountain – a mountain resembling a sitting camel known from the movie “The English Patient”
- A desert oasis ride in horse-drawn carriages and a walk in an oasis
- Shot el Jerid – the largest salt lake in North Africa
Fun and culture
- Dune riding – life experience on the desert
- Paris Dakar Rally – by 4×4 vehicles crossin a few exciting kilometres of the famous rally route.
- Camel riding – in the Sahara desert near Douz
- Cave houses entirely underground houses
- The great mosque in Kairuan – the oldest and most important mosque in Tunisia
- Mos Eisley – entire town built on the desert used in “Star Wars” saga
- El jem Amphitheatre largest and best preserved amphiteatre in Africa
Included in price
- English speaking guide
- 4×4 off road
- Pick up and drop off from hotel.
Not included in price
- Camel riding
- Visiting oasis by carriage
- Drinks at lunch and dinner
- El jem amphitheatre entrance fee & photo permission
- Single supplement
- More details about extra charge in detailed itinerary below
Detailed ItineraryBookigsimportatnt notesIn most cases the tour goes according to displayed itinerary however we reserve the right to go reverse direction (night in Toeur or Nefta). You will visit the same places yet in reverse.
- After arrival to Tunisia you MUST confirm your reservation by email, communicator SMS , call or in person (detailed instruction will be sent after completing reservation form)
- In response we will give you the exact departure time.
- All the payment can be done directly in the coach/4×4 on departure as well as bank transfer SEPA/SWIFT/ pay pal are REVOLUT
- We accept TND/ EURO/ USD /British Pounds
- We Always pick up clients from their hotel and this service is free of charge
- If any of the participants is a child below 12 y.o please write this in the remarks field (as such children are entitled to discount prices on selected tours)
- By default we reserve the tours on the first possible date after your arrival. If you would like to have different date please state it in remarks field.Tab content